Book of the Week: Gorillas Rock

August 3, 2010

Every thing I’ve seen about this new book, Everything is Better with a Gorilla, makes me laugh. It looks like something my older kids (and the grownups in my life) would love. It manages to tell you a lot of cool things about Gorillas while taking you through every imaginable scenario and showing how it would be improved if a gorilla was involved. Things like: inviting a gorilla to your house for a sleepover, and taking acting lessons from a gorilla, and running a daycare with a gorilla. Don’t you just love the illustrations?

A cute gift idea, you can find it at Amazon for less than $10. Oh. And check out these funny promotional videos for the book. My favorite is the BBQ one: “Gorillas can’t get burned, as their hands are protected with a robust layer of awesome.”

1 Jeanette from Everton Terrace August 3, 2010 at 10:29 am

You know, since my daughter has grown and flown the nest, I do miss reading all these fun children’s books. This one looks quite funny.

Don’t know why I don’t still read them. Perhaps I’ll start making a list of these great looking ones and save it for when I have grandchildren someday.

2 Torrie @ a place to share... August 3, 2010 at 11:24 am

I just added it it my wish list. Gorillas/monkeys/orangutans…@ the top of my list!!
Per the above comment- I can definitely see myself still purchasing children books when my kids are grown.

3 Sierra August 3, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Looks like a fun read – especially as I (affectionately) call my kids monkeys.

4 Vanessa August 3, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Added it to my Amazon cart :) Such a great find.

5 Petalbelles August 3, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Just added it to my wish list! What an engaging premise. I’d love a gorilla as a side kick, especially one with such a great poker face.

6 Jessica August 3, 2010 at 9:54 pm

So cute! Love the vintage, funky illustrations … and at such a great price. Thanks for sharing. Will be sure to pick up a few copies for upcoming gift giving opportunities!

XOXO

7 lakshmi August 4, 2010 at 4:31 am

I love the poker face gorilla ! Cute illustrations , really funny .
Thanks for sharing !
Lakshmi

8 just August 4, 2010 at 12:16 pm

i live in a house full of gorillas … kinda!
but
just picked this book up yesterday!
cool.

9 Angel August 6, 2010 at 9:55 am

This looks hilarious, but what the heck is that gorilla smoking?

“Gorillas can’t get burned, as their hands are protected with a robust layer of awesome.” <– I love this line; totally Jack Black.