A Few Things

August 6, 2010

Hello Friends! It was a rad day at BlogHer. My panel is finished. (Grace was smart. Alex was hilarious.) And the audience asked brilliant questions. From there, it was time for a quick change and then I went straight to the Gala.

Oh my. I don’t even have words for the awesomeness of the Gala. The only negative I could come up with is that I was enjoying myself so much (I was busy painting words on people), that I forgot to take pictures. : )

While I’m in New York doing all things BlogHer, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you.

-Cool white bathrooms.
-Whoa. Look at these images from the Mount St. Helens volcano blast back in the day.
-Draw your own earrings.
-Hand gestures.
-This tiny space looks absolutely magical.
-Living in the west makes me want to own a Maynard Dixon painting (I can dream…).
-Home inspiration: styling ideas (including the great image above).
-Loving all things preppy? Me too. I want a copy of Take Ivy.

I write a daily post for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here are this week’s posts:
-Super sweet baby toys — I love the wrist rattles.
-A keepsake journal for keeping track of your baby’s schedule.
-Fall backpacks in fun prints.
-United States cutting boards.
-The top 5 well-designed baby books.

I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. I have some fun BlogHer activities tomorrow (a couple of interviews and a photoshoot), and then I’m hoping to spend some time hanging out in the city. If the day goes really well, I’ll even make it to H&M — my kids asked me to bring back jeans for Back to School. I fly home Sunday morning and I’ll see you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — It must be said: June has been an absolute trooper. She is a delight.

1 Sarah Buttenwieser August 7, 2010 at 5:17 am

No surprise June’s a trooper. It must be a sweet thing, mama to self for a little while! I’m taking #2 off today to see his godmother & #4 tomorrow to see a couple of aunts/cousins. Always a treat in big families, a little one-on-one w/mama.

2 Wendy August 7, 2010 at 8:31 am

I look forward to fridays with you! I need to say, though, the link to the photos of hands was especially wonderful to me. I’m a sign language interpreter and take for granted, easily, the simple/complex things our hands do daily. Hands=magic! Thanks for the reminder!

3 The real L.A. love story. August 7, 2010 at 11:11 am

i just noticed that you latest addition was born two days before my first baby! and i love reading all the birth stories on your site. how do i submit mine?

4 the sleepy time gal August 7, 2010 at 8:57 pm

enjoy your time away from everyday life. you’ll be happy once you’ve returned.

5 Monica August 8, 2010 at 6:59 am

I don’t remember how I came across your site, but I love it.

6 juliagblair August 8, 2010 at 11:04 am

Such a wonderful time for you and June! You’re both troopers! And those at home are cheering you both all the way. So are we! And we’ll be grateful to have you both safely home!

love, Julia b

7 Angela Flynn August 8, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Thanks for the link to the Mt. St. Helens photos. I used to camp there every August with my family on the shores of Spirit Lake. It was an idyllic setting. I returned last week with my kids for the first time in 30 years and it was something to see. The photos you linked to were amazing.

8 Rebekah Brummel August 8, 2010 at 6:30 pm

HELP desperately need creative idea for an adoption announcement for my 5 year old son we just brought home. SO tired of the standard photo collage 5×7. The kid doesn’t have any baby picture/baby book/ etc. . . I want his announcement to be AWESOME in his lifebook. Help -Design Mom- I need your good taste and resourceful friends. P.S. He is so handsome it is ridiculous, I had no genetic contribution so I can brag :-)

9 Katie M August 8, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Gabby! It was so great to see you on Friday. The panel was my favorite of the weekend and the party was super fun. You looked great and June bug was so cute. Hope you had an easy trip back to Colorado!

xoxo, Katie

10 Joi Showell August 9, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hi! Found your blog through Nie Nie Dialogues. Have been looking at it for a little while now. Love your ideas and style! Just realized you look familiar…. Did you go to College at Dixie?

11 Maria Martino August 9, 2010 at 11:32 am

Hello Gaby,

I am happy to hear your party was a success. I can’t wait for the post about it.

I am a little curious about the baby Books. Have you seen the one from Rag & Bone Bindery? It looks pretty amazing. I was just wondering if you saw it and didn’t really like it because I was getting ready to purchase one as a gift…. please do tell.

Here is the URL: