Voices of the Year Gala

July 22, 2010

I have been working like crazy on the BlogHer Kirtsy Party for the last few weeks and Friends, it is going to be the raddest party ever! The event actually has an official name, and it’s a mouthful: BlogHer 2010 Voices of the Year Gala and Art Auction Curated by Kirtsy.

So I’ve been calling it the BlogHer Kirtsy Party instead. : )

I don’t want to reveal all the awesomeness that will happen, because if you’re coming, I want you to be surprised, but here are some hints:

Voices of the Year Gala & Auction -The party is going to range all over an entire floor of the hotel — with unexpected things to see and do in every area.
-In one section there will be type of performance art. By bloggers like Jenny of The Bloggess. I’m not even kidding.
-In another section, bloggers like Karen of Chookooloonks (and maybe me too!) will be wielding a paint brush. You won’t want to miss it, I promise.
-Throughout the party there will be an Art Exhibit with artwork and photography from 90 of your favorite bloggers — including superstars like Ree of Pioneer Woman. And each of these art pieces were created with the 90 winning Voices of the Year blog posts as inspiration. Which means: this party might be your best chance to meet your favorite blog stars. Blog Stars who will be at the party, checking out their words and artwork on display.
-There will be music. There will be food. There will be drinks. There will be the coolest photo opps ever. And there will be a dozen different ways for you to add your own voice to this Voices of the Year Gala.
-Also. During the Gala, there won’t actually be an auction. The auction part will happen a few weeks after BlogHer is over. It will be held online and everyone will have access to it — even if they didn’t attend BlogHer. All proceeds will go to the Nature Conservancy to assist with Gulf Cleanup. Fabulous!

At BlogHer, there has always been a big Friday Night party after the Community Keynote and it’s always been a lot of fun. But I’m telling you, this is a completely new event. Kirtsy pulled in my sister, Jordan of Oh Happy Day, to help. And friends, she is an event genius. It’s going to blow your mind. And your head. And your brain.

When you make your Friday Night BlogHer plans, put the Gala at the top of your list.

P.S. — Are you going to the party? Are you being honored at the party? Fantastic! Pick up some blog bling here (scroll down) .

1 beth aka confusedhomemaker July 22, 2010 at 11:28 am

Wow, it sounds like a fab time will be had! I’m not going, doesn’t work out this year. Maybe next year, we’ll see.

2 bdaiss July 22, 2010 at 12:33 pm

*pouts* I wanna go! I hope you’ll post a FULL recap for us. If I was going to BlogHer, this party would be at the top of my list.

3 Boston Mamas July 22, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Well that was pretty wacky to see my face pop up in my feed reader! Thanks for shooting the best. photo. ever. of me. :-)

I can’t wait for this event — it will rock the awesomeness to the max. Of course it will. xoxo

4 Mary A. July 22, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I don’t think I’ll be able to put the very complicated plan in place that would need to be there in order for me to attend this year’s BlogHer, but I’ve been coveting this event for three years now and next year I AM DETERMINED to get to BlogHer. I am so looking forward to meeting you in person and experiencing this show!

5 Tanya July 22, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Sounds like so much fun!

6 Suzanne from pretty*swell July 22, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Oh, this sounds wonderful! I’m attending BlogHer for the first time (yikes — overwhelming) and would love to check out this fabulous event. How do I RSVP? I can’t for the life of me figure it out on the BlogHer website.

Thanks!

7 Adventures In Babywearing July 23, 2010 at 5:25 am

This is the first event (aside from hugging some friends I miss greatly) that really makes me wish I was attending BlogHer this year. Sounds incredible!

Steph

8 Vanessa July 23, 2010 at 8:34 am

I sold my ticket for the second year in a row to blog her! Maybe next year will be my year?! This sounds amazing!

9 Zak July 25, 2010 at 4:07 am

This makes me super sad I’m not going to BlogHer this year.

I met you for the first time last year in Chicago when you ironed my tote bag in heels. :)

Perhaps next year it will be in Denver, wouldn’t that be fabulous?

10 Dariela July 26, 2010 at 11:08 am

Oh wow! I would love to go to this party! It’s my first time at blogher this year and I just won a scholarship to attend!! So I’m just learning about all the parties, I’ll sign up myself in the waiting list and see how it goes!!!
BTW, will you have a special time were you can meet other bloggers? I would love to meet you there!

11 Kit July 26, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Gabi, just had to say that I love your “School of Rock” reference…awesome.