Photo Display

July 22, 2010

Wow. These images of Jeffrey Moss’s apartment made me catch my breath. I LOVE this and want to copy every last detail. You can see more photos of the apartment here.

What do you think? Do wall displays like this appeal to you? Or is it too much craziness for your taste?

(via Poppytalk)

P.S. — Thank you so much for chiming in about my bizarre chest yesterday. Your comments were fantastic! You guys make me so happy.

1 Jenny July 22, 2010 at 11:03 am

Leeeetle bit too unorganized for me and my compulsive ways. Not that my home is the least bit organized. I call myself the messiest neat freak you’ll meet.

2 woolf July 22, 2010 at 11:23 am

it certainly is a lot of craziness. glad it’s over at his….? :)))

3 Elvina July 22, 2010 at 11:25 am

Very interesting! It almost reads as wallpaper. Even though it’s a bit too busy for my taste, I appreciate the innovative idea of displaying lots of photos. I am myself looking for a cool way to display LOTS of photos of my kids, but in a more modern-organized-but still -unusual way. Any ideas? Anyone?

4 Ashlea July 23, 2010 at 7:47 am

Go 3D? I can’t do it at my current place, but I’ve been wanting to make some sort of hanging mobile with family photos. Or get a whole bunch made up on fabric and collage them as quilts to use in the family room.

5 artfulife July 22, 2010 at 11:29 am

I love it! The photos become a moving art piece. Beautiful and eclectic, not everyone can pull off what he has done here.

6 Ginger July 22, 2010 at 11:40 am

It’s too “Beautiful Mind” for me. Did you ever see that movie?

7 Jeanette from Everton Terrace July 22, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I don’t know. I LOVE photographs and have them throughout my house. I would very much enjoy wandering through that place and looking at all the images but I don’t know if I could handle it in my own space. I do have a cork wall that I’m trying to re-work. Perhaps one wall in one room would be cool.

8 bdaiss July 22, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Hmmm… I just don’t know. I could maybe do it in a small area. But I’m afraid I’m a neatnik orderly type. I’m afraid it would drive me crazy eventually with the visual clutter.

(Ginger! That is so spot on! And I do need to rewatch that movie. It’s one of my favs.)

9 annie July 22, 2010 at 12:46 pm

ooh, i love it! but i think i’d have to keep the rest of the house super tidy in order for it to work …and that’s not likely to happen – perhaps in a non-high-clutter/toy area like a smaller version in a bathroom or hallway

10 Jennifer July 22, 2010 at 12:53 pm

WAY too crazy! It made my head hurt almost immediately!

11 Stacey July 22, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I did a more organized version for baby Z’s first b’day. I think it’s quite artistic the way the photos are displayed. I may not do it the same way in my interior, but i still love this!

12 Rebecca Weiss July 22, 2010 at 1:29 pm

(Quizzical eyebrow) How does he dust all that?

13 Bree Harris July 22, 2010 at 1:43 pm

It looks to messy for my taste

14 Kayt July 22, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Way too cluttery for me. Now, every square inch of the walls of my half-wall cubicle at work is plastered with photos, but at home, I like more simplicity and balance.

15 Kayt July 22, 2010 at 2:05 pm

(oops, I hit submit too soon. Sorry for double commenting!)

I think part of it for me is that it takes away from the individual pictures. You don’t get to linger over each fun snapshot, or giggle at the DayGlo shorts you wore in 1989. It comes across to me as a mess. At work, I like it because all I can see is my baby’s face, no matter where I glance. When I’m getting screamed at by someone on the phone, I catch a glance of James with a peanut butter mohawk, and it makes it more bearable.

16 lannie_rae July 22, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I love it I have just the spot for it in our house. I just don’t know how to start. Would you put a bunch up at the start or just one?

17 Jen Byard July 22, 2010 at 3:02 pm

I love the loft space. The mix of modern, vintage, & natural elements. It’s looks like a very comfortable work space.

18 Mary Yang July 22, 2010 at 7:01 pm
19 Gandhali July 23, 2010 at 12:05 am

no, no, not crazy at all! i love it, thanks for sharing! :)

20 Sara July 23, 2010 at 5:58 am

It pains me that my first thought was, “how would you dust all that?” Boo hoo… I’m older than I want to be!

But yes, very nice!

21 Cris Marsh July 23, 2010 at 7:17 am

Very cool idea, but not for my house…
My first thought was “how would you clean that?”

22 Sophie July 24, 2010 at 4:07 am

I love how it’s chaotic yet still so pretty, and the vintage look to it is amazing too.
However, as much as I love it, it’s just not something that would fit with my taste and it wouldn’t suit my decor…
Or would it? I have a BIIIG empty space above my chalkboard and something like this might work… Hmm – You’ve given me an idea!

23 AmberLee July 24, 2010 at 10:44 pm

wow. i love this. i could totally do it. i’d never lack for conversation with dinner guests either.

24 Misty July 28, 2010 at 7:10 am

Cool in theory, headache in practice. I have a 2 year old, all those photos would find their way to the ground. Know-whatta-mean? ;)

25 Kaylen August 1, 2010 at 2:36 pm

GASP. Going to recreate this in my apartment right now, brb…