Maeve Magazine

June 21, 2010

I just scrolled through the first issue of Maeve Magazine and it looks gorgeous. Maybe after I’m done posting today, I can dig in a bit deeper and read some articles. (Yes, please!) I noticed they are looking for self-portrait submissions for their next covers. You should totally submit one. See a whole bunch of self-portrait examples on their blog.

Also, since Maeve is based in Australia, the recent issue (it’s the first one) is the Winter one instead of Summer.

What do you think of the magazine? Does it appeal to you? Do you ever take self-portraits?

1 Alix from Modern Kiddo June 21, 2010 at 1:43 pm

YAY MAEVE! I think they did such a lovely job. Of course I’m biased because I have an article in there….ahem. haha. (If you get a chance, check out the “Me and My Bestie” column. Dottie and I have a lil story about how we met.

I think YOU need to submit a self portrait, sassy lady!!

2 naomi June 21, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Looks interesting! I love the illustrations by Naoko.

3 Jenny Meyerson June 22, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Gorgeous. And the pottery (teapots) from Samantha Robinson are beautiful. Makes me want to take a summer trip. Wonder if I could convince my husband that we need to travel across the world for teapots? Hmm.. a woman can dream. The self portraits are stunning-what a great way to keep others interested-can’t wait to see the next cover. Thanks for the link!

4 colleen June 23, 2010 at 11:10 am

Love it. My favorites were the articles on Women’s Business and shopping at thrift stores. (And my daughter’s name is Maeve, so of course I had to check it out as soon as I heard about it.)

5 Rebekah June 23, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Thanks for turning me on to this! Hadn’t heard of it.

6 Louise June 24, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Aww thanks so much for posting about us Gabrielle ! … so very sweet of you … ! Lou (AKA MAEVE) xox

7 Elizabeth Bento April 29, 2011 at 11:03 pm

What a great magazine.. Navigating the site is a lot of fun..