Family Vacation Photos

June 30, 2010

Maythi sent me a link to Lisa Lucky’s website. Lisa is a photographer and she posted lots of pics from her recent family vacation to southern Florida. They’re pretty spectacular. Plus, her three boys are adorable. I wonder if this area is being affected by the oil spill?

Family vacations are on my mind. We head out of town on Friday morning. Are you going somewhere this summer? Taking a few days off?

1 Tabitha (From Single to Married) June 30, 2010 at 11:08 am

wow – beautiful photos! We’re heading down to Southern Virginia this weekend just to get away. Will be pretty low-key, but it will still be a nice getaway. :)

2 Design Mom June 30, 2010 at 11:14 am

Low-key is exactly what I’m in the mood for. Have fun!

3 amy June 30, 2010 at 11:11 am

those are amazing pictures. I’m in St. Petersburg, not far from sarasota…thankfully there’s no oil here…yet. Most of us know that it’ll be here eventually. The whole thing is so incredibly sad.

4 Design Mom June 30, 2010 at 11:15 am

Ugh. It must be awful just knowing the oil is going to show up any day now.

5 amy June 30, 2010 at 1:11 pm

there aren’t any predictions about when it will arrive, we all have our fingers crossed that the hole in the gulf’s floor will stop pumping out the oil soon, that the gulf beaches near here will remain clean and white as they should be. And, as we are set to move into a bay-front house this weekend, hope that we don’t get a front row seat to the destruction.

6 bridget June 30, 2010 at 11:19 am

ah, such lovely photos.

i am going to italy soon and am soooo beyond excited. will my pictures be that fantastic? probs not.

7 Jessica June 30, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Amazing photos!

I am on the countdown to our annual trip to a cabin in the adirondacks. Cool crisp air, reading, playing cards, swimming in a cold lake, amazing food, and no internet/TV!!

8 naomi June 30, 2010 at 12:16 pm

We’re planning to head to Cincinnati next week to see the Creation Museum, and then to the Smokies for a week the end of next month. And after that it will be time to start school again already! I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

9 Tina June 30, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Lovely photos! We just returned from our vacay in Jamaica yesterday. I’m a little too blissed out at the moment. Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Best,
Tina

10 damaris June 30, 2010 at 12:51 pm

great pictures. We’re off to Yosemite for a week with the entire Palmer clan. Amy and Enoch get here next week and so do all the other siblings. then we’re hosting everyone in our small 2 bedroom apartment in santa cruz. I’m glad my husband’s family is easy.

11 bdaiss June 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Gorgeous photos! We’ll be traveling to California in mid-August, but I’m afraid it won’t be relaxing. Lots of travel for a remote wedding. I’m hoping we can find time before/after the wedding to relax and enjoy the scenery (we’ll be in the Redwoods). The planning alone is stress enough. If it was just my family, it’d be booked and done. But my hubby’s sister and parents are gumming up the works (and the price).

12 Hannah June 30, 2010 at 2:07 pm

The photos are amazing! It makes me want to go on vacation, so bad!

13 lisa lucky June 30, 2010 at 2:38 pm

wow, thank you for the mention on your wonderful blog:)

when we were visiting the Sarasota area about 3 weeks ago, the oil hadn’t made it there yet…but I did sit on the balcony staring out at the Gulf feeling very very sad about what was going on “out there”.

14 Andrea June 30, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I have “known” Lisa online for a few years — she is an amazingly kind and wonderful person in addition to her photography talents.

15 maythi June 30, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I cannot imagine entrusting anyone else to photograph our children. All of her work is fabulous! Lisa is not only an amazing photographer, but she is a true friend, a wonderful mother, and a fabulous woman. Glad to call her my friend. And definitely thankful & delighted that she has captured our girls for the last two years. Looking forward to many more sessions!

16 Torrie @ a place to share... June 30, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Those are beautiful!! We’re leaving next Thursday for a week and a 1/2 to go camping in Sonoma (along with visiting my husband’s parents in San Jose…and another mini camping trip with my family on the way up the N. CA coast).
CANNOT WAIT.
Where are you headed?? :)

17 flamegm July 15, 2010 at 6:24 am

Hi this is flame rangoli