Meals on Wheels

May 24, 2010

Since June’s birth, family and friends, fellow church members — even Oscar’s preschool teachers — having been bringing in dinners.  The photo is a picture of giant homemade calzones. Golden brown. Delicious. The first meal we were given. Can you imagine anything more wonderful than a home-cooked meal when you’re home with a new baby? The whole family has felt absolutely spoiled.

This week we’ll begin to fend for ourselves again. Think we’ll survive? : )

PS — I slowed way down this weekend. Pajamas 24/7.  It felt good. Ben Blair gave June a bottle on Saturday morning and I slept in till 10:30(!). So luxurious. How was your weekend?

1 Beth May 24, 2010 at 8:12 am

We just had a RS activity this past week where we made freezer meals for the women in the ward having babies–and one of the recipes was calzones!! They smelled so good cooking…..
I wrote all about it here:

Congratulations on baby June!! Glad there are good people taking care of you!!

2 Sarah May 24, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Sounds like exactly what you needed! Yay to relaxing!

3 Tanya May 24, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Your weekend sounds amazing and if I lived nearby (not sure where that is?), I’d happily cook/deliver a meal too. I do not have a baby June but stayed in my PJs most of the weekend too. :)

4 Veeda May 24, 2010 at 3:05 pm

having home-cooked meals delivered after a hospital stay is so helpful. Kuddos to the family who made you calzones!

5 Marcie May 25, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I recently discovered your blog when I did a google search for pregnancy. I just wanted to tell you how much I adore reading everything you post. The birth/adoption stories have sucked me in and I have laughed and cried and had SUCH a great time reading them. Thanks for writing and posting!
Congratulations on baby June! She’s beautiful!

6 Rebecca May 26, 2010 at 5:09 pm

We had recently moved to Nashville, TN when we had our second child. Virtual strangers brought us dinner. It was the best!

7 Sharon May 27, 2010 at 5:53 am

Oh how I loved the freezer meals we had pre-organised (read: begged the in-laws for) before Kid #1′s birth. No such luck second time around, when it was even more needed. It should be enshrined in legislation or something.