Drew Danburry

May 4, 2010

I’ve been admiring how musician Drew Danburry and seamstress/artist Lady Danburry work together. Drew’s latest album, Hello Dannii, was just released with a limited edition book. And Lady Danburry did all the illustrations for the book.

I love it when I see good husband-wife collaborations. It’s great when you can find something you can work together on. Did your parents ever work on projects together? Do you and your spouse?

P.S. — You can listen to Drew’s latest album on his site.

1 kirsten bingham May 4, 2010 at 10:05 am

oh i loved listening to drew at a small rexburg apartment show over 6 years ago and so glad he’s still making good music.
i agree- something is so magical about a husband and wife collaboration. even when i see will arnett and amy poehler act together i get excited.

my husband and i have been working together designing wedding invites for nearly 3 years now, i love it. sometimes it’s challenging to work with your spouse but on the rare occasion we are apart from each other for more than 4 hours i miss him terribly and wonder what we’ll do if either of us a work an 8-5

2 Barchbo May 4, 2010 at 10:43 am

My husband work together every week when we volunteer. We think it is the greatest project we could work on together. My parents did the same thing, and I am thankful for their example. We like to cook together, too – I am content to be sous chef to my husband’s superior cooking skills.

3 Drew May 4, 2010 at 11:55 am

Thank you so much Gabrielle! You are WONDERFUL. I appreciate ya much!
drew

4 Miggy May 4, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Ah Drew….what a great guy. I love that he found a kindred spirit in his Lady…

My husband and I just finished this kitchen for our daughter…it was supa’ fun.

5 Ribbu May 4, 2010 at 10:16 pm

I am the wife/illustrator end of a husband and wife writer/illustrator team. We quit our schmanzy design firm jobs, moved into the loft of my mother’s pottery studio/barn, and have been making books ever since (year 4!). Though we spend practically every minute of the day within 10 feet of each other, I’m a bit envious of Barchbo and her husband’s cooking skills. We really need to work on THAT kind of collaboration.

http://www.idiotsbooks.com if you’re in the least bit interested.

6 Ribbu May 4, 2010 at 10:18 pm

oh, and ps – I frickin’ LOVE Lady Danburry’s illustrations. Thanks for the tip.