B. Toys

May 25, 2010

I told you about June’s Homecoming yesterday, but here’s a bonus part. B. Toys sent out a box of fun stuff to help us celebrate June’s arrival. The kids opened the toys after greeting their new sister — so really, it was like double Christmas.

I have to tell you I have a total crush on these new B. Toys. They are smart. They are good-looking. They are well-designed. And they’re fun. Many come with packaging and tags that are ready to be gifted — so you can go straight from the store to the birthday party without having to make a wrapping stop. I’m super impressed.

All of the toys were well-received, but the runaway hit was definitely the B. Pop-Arty! beads. I bet the kids have put in 20+ hours since June’s birth, making and remaking necklaces and bracelets and rings. Another favorite is the the no-mess B. H2-Whoa! drawing board. The four little pens fill with water, and store right on the board itself so they don’t get lost. You can draw on either side and as your drawing dries, it disappears.

Want to check them out? I’ve seen a few B. Toys at Target and you can find them on Amazon if you know their names. Or visit the B. Toys website. If you do check them out, I hope you’ll tell me what you think.

PS — The other toys pictured here are the B. Articopia Lap Desk, the B. One Two Squeeze Blocks, the B. Wheeee-mote Control Car and the B. Okideoke Microphone.

1 Rachel Leavitt May 25, 2010 at 7:00 am

I agree! The Pop-Arty beads are a staple birthday gift that my girls give. They are ALWAYS a hit!

2 . tiny twist creative . May 25, 2010 at 7:04 am

I love the beads. We are definitely working on the fine motor skills of sewing and beading right now at our home. Those are very cute!

3 beth aka confusedhomemaker May 25, 2010 at 7:16 am

I’m loving those, the beads & lap desk I think would get lots of use over here. Awesomeness.

4 Gandhali May 25, 2010 at 7:29 am

oo, LOVE the last photo!

5 Suzanne May 25, 2010 at 7:31 am

Oh my! Those beads would be a huge hit with my daughter. Bookmarking for Christmas. Thanks!

6 Amy Holgersen May 25, 2010 at 7:36 am

What a great gift for June’s big sibs! That was so generously nice of B toys. Which I have to say look stunning in these photos. I will for sure be purchasing VERY soon….

Thanks for sharing in your family’s enjoyment!

7 elz May 25, 2010 at 7:37 am

We were gifted with a set of similar pop beads from Parents a couple of years ago and it is still a huge hit with my girls and their friends. I’ll have to look for this brand the next time I stock the gift closet. Thanks.

8 Kristen May 25, 2010 at 7:45 am

Those toys look wonderful!

Gabrielle, and other moms of multiple kids with a wide variance in ages, how do you handle the toys (like the beads) that are only appropriate for older kids, when you have younger children too? I’m expecting a baby soon, and wonder how I’m going to handle my 4-year-old’s toys that should be off-limits to babies and toddlers.

Do you bring those toys out only under controlled circumstances or in certain locations? How do you make sure all the small pieces are put away?

9 Wendy May 25, 2010 at 7:47 am

I have seen many of their toys at Target as well. I am a sucker for design so I’ve been drawn to them but have resisted the urge…we have too many toys! But, those pop beads must come home with me.

10 Stacey May 25, 2010 at 7:48 am

I love the beads, but my favourite is probably those colourful drawing boards. Maybe because i can see my baby boy gravitating toward those. Thanks for sharing:-)

11 Jan (Family Bites) May 25, 2010 at 8:02 am

Um, the photo of your little one singing is beyond precious. I see a star in the making.

12 Chelsea May 25, 2010 at 8:12 am

Those look so cool! I can’t wait to check them out. I’m nervous about the price, but hopeful they’ll be a good deal! :)

13 Stacey May 25, 2010 at 8:13 am

Happy days! Glad to hear the homecoming was so wonderful! Beautiful photos!
I teach elementary art, so I’m always on the lookout for art activities the students can do after they finish their projects! The B. Pop-Arty Beads and the H2-Whoa drawing boards would be perfect! I can’t wait for their new website to launch! Thank you for sharing!

14 Ashlea Walter May 25, 2010 at 8:19 am

Oh how I love the idea of gifting toys that will inspire creative play for the new siblings. Other than a home-cooked meal, this has got to be the best gift for the whole family when a new wee one arrives. And I love that they’re not wrapped. I found dealing with all the (beautiful) paper and ribbons and boxes stressful as a new Mom so I don’t wrap gifts for new Mammas anymore. Reusable fabric bags are the way to go: pretty and reusable.

15 Bron @ Baby Space May 25, 2010 at 8:25 am

These toys look so fun! And the idea of giving the older kids gifts when the baby comes home is excellent. I did this too when my youngest son was born – I gave the elder one a book for himself called ‘All About Me’ that he could fill in and work on… two years on he still keeps it in pride of place :)

16 Jeanette from Everton Terrace May 25, 2010 at 8:57 am

No little ones at home anymore but my friend’s children always benefit from these posts as my gifts often come from your suggestions! Hey, I’ve got a little giveaway going on over at my blog – stop by if you’re feeling lucky.

17 naomi May 25, 2010 at 9:03 am

The toys are great – we may need those beads. But the little singer just made my day. Enjoyed the homecoming photos also.

18 Megan May 25, 2010 at 9:23 am

The pop beads are really scrumptious-looking. I think the whole concept of water pens and drawing surfaces is brilliant. My mother could have spared a lot of walls in my childhood. ;-)

19 brooke May 25, 2010 at 10:26 am

hey! we bought those beads too! my girls absolutely love them. but doesn’t it smell “funny” when you open the can? personally…i think it smells like pot. what? past experiences, alright? =)

20 amelia May 25, 2010 at 11:21 am

my 6 month old loves the squeaky blocks. I never thought a kid that old would have a preference but my son really likes those blocks.

21 Laura Lee May 25, 2010 at 11:40 am

That last picture is priceless! :)

22 Michelle May 25, 2010 at 11:54 am

Love your photos. I am also in love with B. Toys. I have a blog post going up about them, in fact, on Thursday.

23 daniela hess scholl May 25, 2010 at 12:00 pm

we soooooooooo *heart* B.toys….

your photos do them justice.

congrats on the newest arrival.

B. blesed !!!

daniela hess scholl

24 Janine Gerade May 25, 2010 at 12:21 pm

B toys are the best! I’m also a mom designer and can appreciate the refreshing palette of colors and cool design. I have the squishy blocks in their eco- friendly packaging and my daughter loves to squeeze them so they blow a little whoosh of air in her face. Too cute.

25 Mary A. May 25, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I love the B*Toys! We just bought the squishy block set b/c we had a similar set with just numbers from child #1 and I figured child #3 could use an upgrade/clean set :) The bonus is that all three kids LOVE, LOVE playing with them. Presently, they are in the form of a fabulous stable and housing all our Schlech horses.

26 Rosalee Ballard May 25, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I love pop-beads. You probably don’t know this – Grandma Groberg used to keep a stash of pop-beads in her purse and we would get to play with them if we were extra good during church and other meetings. They were so fun to play with that I remember trying extra hard to be good. My mom has since found some pop-beads and now they are a special reward for my kids. I just love classic toys!

27 Anne May 25, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I just discovered that line of toys at Target! The packaging caught my eye and then I was sold on the cool design. I bought my son a set of 4 cars for his first birthday. Can’t wait to break them out next month!

28 Mama Holli May 25, 2010 at 3:10 pm

AWESOME toys……I love the packaging and the bright colors! SO FUN AND PERKY! What a treat!

29 Beth May 25, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Grandma got our little boy the B. Whacky Ball from Target (a ball ramp that you can hit balls down) for his first birthday and everyone LOVES playing with it (from the 1-year old to my 3-yr old and her friends, to even our visiting parent friends).

30 mrs c May 25, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I think these toys are amazing! They look so well-made and kid-friendly. I also love those wonderful photos of your kids and baby June. I too love technology and I am constantly amazed at what is coming down for us to try. I only started using computers after I graduated from college, we just didn’t have them, and I am so excited because I get my new I-Pad next week! Wow, how times have changed……and I am loving it!!

31 Jennifer May 25, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Love B Toys!!! So refreshing to see toys in colors other than what I call ‘kindergarten colors’! I bought a gum ball machine from B Toys as a birthday gift. Huge hit!!!

32 Chris May 25, 2010 at 8:38 pm

those big circle beads are beautiful. they are a huge hit with ME! When I want something special for my lil guy, I will certainly try to remember B Toys!

33 Treva May 25, 2010 at 8:47 pm

That bottom picture of your daughter singing cracks me up. She’s got soul and she’s just letting it rip right here. Love it.

34 meg duerksen May 25, 2010 at 9:55 pm

this is my first time here.
HOW? where have i been? what an awesome site you have.
i have five children and love to read about moms with large families. :)

35 runningmum May 25, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Thanks. Now I know what to get my niece for her birthday.

36 Erin @ Letter Soup May 26, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I was just looking at these at Target yesterday! I’m glad to know your kids loved them. I’m going back to buy some! Perfect for summer projects! YAY!

37 katherinemarie May 26, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I love how you made it a like a CHRISTMAS surprise on June’s homecoming day!!!!

38 nanvan May 26, 2010 at 2:47 pm

We have those pop-beads and my 3 y/o lovesss them. We’ve gotten hours and hours of fun out of them, not only making jewelry (that I”ve actually worn to parties) but, we also make “little guys” and have long drawn out adventures. Nice find…!

39 baroquebabies May 27, 2010 at 6:07 am

oooh, how fun! The beads look especially nice. Probaby can’t get any of these items over to germany, though…..

Laura in Ludwigsburg.

40 Global Shoppe May 28, 2010 at 2:59 pm

thats so cute. every child will love that. :) while they are playing at least they will learn something.

41 Analise Heaton May 28, 2010 at 9:02 pm

O.K. I guess I must be totally old school because I was really sad and upset when the “Parents” brand of toys changed to the “B.” brand. I personally think the colors are pretty horrible. We bought my daughter the Parents pop beads for Christmas and they are SOOOO much cuter that these B. Pop Arty beads. Really does my 4 year old daughter want to make things out of black and puke green beads?? But I am a sucker and have bought the new ones for two friends’ birthdays since then because they are still a great toy and the kids spend hours playing with them, even if they are not as cute as they could be. Also the older version had fewer color combinations which was actually better because it was easier to make really cool patterns. Here is a link to the old ones still available on amazon but probably not for long and for quite a bit more money. http://www.amazon.com/Parents-PM9212E-Pop-Beads-Snap/dp/B000UEJ8XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1275101854&sr=8-1

42 Suwin Chan June 1, 2010 at 10:20 am

Just gave a set of these to a good friend. Told her I had a second jar for her if she needed it. Brought them to a pool party and they were a hit! All the girls loved them (8, 11 and 13) and even the 10 year old boy! Needless to say, the 2nd jar was claimed later that afternoon!

Off to Target to pick up more! :)

43 Jes June 3, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Just saw this post today and ran out and got the pop beads at Target. I have been looking for things for my daughter to do this summer and these look like lots of fun. Thanks for the idea!

44 Chelsea Merz July 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Greetings,

I’m the producer for The Callie Crossley show, a public affairs program out of WGBH Radio.

We would love to schedule an interview with you.

Please call me or email me to discuss.

Many thanks and kind regards, Chelsea

——————