Boyish Wallpaper

April 23, 2010

The patterns at Paper Boy Wallpaper make me happy. Check out the shadow hands.

Also. Until I was old enough to hire myself out for babysitting, I would earn money from my paper route. Did you ever have a job as a kid? Are there still such things as paper routes?

1 the sleepy time gal April 23, 2010 at 10:43 am

i had a job folding t-shirts after my dad screen printed them. i got 10 cents a shirt. i was pretty thrilled!

love the wall paper! how’s the preggers?

2 SC April 23, 2010 at 11:47 am

Paper routes are now so huge that they must be done by adults in cars in my city.

3 bdaiss April 23, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Gah! I totally want that dinosaur paper for my 3 year old’s room!

I was paid for some of the “above and beyond” chores I did. Then I started babysitting.

4 Gandhali April 23, 2010 at 6:46 pm

yep, there are still paper routes. the minimum age is 11 as far as i know, and no, i never did a job till i was 16 [my first job was working as a food and beverage assistant in a very famous stadium] :)

5 mrs boo radley April 23, 2010 at 7:09 pm

No way!! Amazing. I LOVE the shadow hands!!

6 Lynnette April 23, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I love that you brought up paper routes! My family had a paper route – it was passed down from the oldest to the youngest of 9 kids over the years. We usually had two at a time splitting the route – I had it from about age 8 to 13. It was a great way to earn money and for our parents (who could no way afford to pay us all allowance) to teach us about tithing and savings. I have great memories of pedaling my bike around each day after school and early Saturday mornings, and my Dad taking us around in the car early on Sundays. Good memories.

7 Beana April 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm

LOTS of babysitting as a kid. Thinking back, I can’t believe a mom had me watch her toddler son for a few hours here and there when I was just 10 or 11. My whole family had paper routes we did together! For a few years we got up early and threw one, and then did another in the afternoon. Sometimes…still seems like a decent way to earn money!