We Are Fast

March 11, 2010

The weather has been lovely and all of the outdoor toys have spilled out of our garage. The jumpropes. The longboard. The ride-on jeep. And especially the bikes. Have you noticed all the pretty bikes available these days? I like these custom bikes by We Are Fast.

My kids have bikes, but Ben Blair and I don’t. We think this summer is the summer to get them. Do you bike?

1 Heather March 11, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I just got an awesome bike today for my birthday! I'm so excited about it!

2 sara March 11, 2010 at 2:35 pm

My four kids and my husband all have bikes and have taken to going on family bike rides; I'm shopping for one for myself! The weather has been lovely here too (Phoenix); I love when the kids can spend so much time outside.

3 Kelly Kuntz March 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I would suggest getting one with a seat though ;-)

4 Mike and Dejah Morris March 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I really like that black one for my husband!

5 Hil March 11, 2010 at 2:51 pm

The hubs and I both have bikes (mothers day/father's day gifts) and a little bike trailer to haul our little guy around in. It is our favorite summer evening activity!

6 robin k March 11, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I remember a certain triathlon where you did an outstanding job on the bike portion…

7 Anne March 11, 2010 at 3:05 pm

One of my friends hobbies is restoring old bikes and they've been tasked to find me an awesome vintage 10speed, can't wait! This summer we plan on starting a bike gang to ride into the city to take advantage of all of the free activities they offer.

8 heidi March 11, 2010 at 4:05 pm

we casually mountain bike.
last year the peddle fell off my old ugly trek towards the end of one of our rides. i was so irritated that i told my husband that if he ever wanted me to ride again he had to paint my bike cute.
he took it all apart and spray painted it cream with pink flowers the next week. (bike helment too) i love it!

9 Petit Elefant March 11, 2010 at 5:01 pm

You must get a cruiser. With a little bike trailer for the wee ones. Best way ever to get out the wiggles on a Sunday afternoon.

10 Salem March 11, 2010 at 5:23 pm

@robin k

I too remember said triathlon. Gabby & Robin made for some awesome triathloning.

11 lou March 11, 2010 at 5:33 pm

yeh! biking is the best!! i live in bike-friendly vancouver, and just got one o these for my almost-2 year old. she loves it and demands bike rides daily… http://www.ibertinc.com/

12 The Ormsby's March 11, 2010 at 7:13 pm

We love biking. Especially on "fixy bikes".

13 stacie smith March 11, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Drooling over the Dutch-style bikes in the bike shop (all have seats, than you very much!). Esp. the ones painted so cute… We got a nice trailer off Craig's List last summer. Now baby is old enough to be in it and snow is melting, I wanna ride!
4 year old is now wanting a bike with peddles. He has really loved the skoot bike this past year.

14 stacie smith March 11, 2010 at 10:49 pm

for awhile I was checking this bike out… not too seriously. Not sure I could ride it with 3 kids in the bucket.

15 m e l March 11, 2010 at 11:10 pm

My husband and I each have 2 bikes – road and mountain. My 9 year old has a mountain bike, but the two young ones just get a trailer ride – and they're perfectly content with that! We love to go on family bike rides on summer evenings. A perfect outing!

16 CMN March 12, 2010 at 1:24 am

So… you may not want to know this, but did you happen to see that Target's new line of products by Liberty of London includes a bicycle? Check it out online. Seriously cool! I'm definitely daydreaming of it…

17 kalanicut March 12, 2010 at 1:35 am

My sister gave me a cute cruiser bike for my birthday three years ago. More and more I am working into my daily routine.

Love riding to run errands, church and best of all Saturday rides to the beach for a day of fun, restaurant dinner and bike ride home after dark. Bike lights were a fantastic investment! Living in a big city, not having to find & pay for parking is fantastic!

18 Nina nina bo bina. March 12, 2010 at 3:47 am

We have Electra Amsterdams, his & hers. Love, love them!

19 Sascha March 12, 2010 at 5:01 am

I have recently got a cruiser – Giant Suede W bike,2010 and a Paul Frank Helmet. Both very cool. I have also just purchased a child bike seat for our youngest. Now the Dad just needs a bike. We live in Wellington, New Zealand and we can bike to the city and the beach.

20 handmadecharlotte March 12, 2010 at 10:41 am

yes we bike….i want to get a tandem so bad…

21 Jessica Ochs March 12, 2010 at 11:14 am

The Liberty of London bike for Target is my dream bike right now! It's so fancy!

22 Alexis March 12, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I also have one Electra Amsterdams him. Thinking of getting one her's too. They're awesome!

23 Christy March 12, 2010 at 2:51 pm

The Liberty of London bike that will soon be available from Target is adorable!

24 Anonymous March 13, 2010 at 9:34 am

the company is called fast boy cycles, and the reason for the bike without a seat is that the owner of fast boy/creator of that bike is a cancer survivor, and the location of his cancer prevented him from putting pressure on his rear end.

25 Baby Furniture Dressers March 13, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Gotta love the old custom made bikes! So awesome

26 Chandra March 14, 2010 at 12:46 am

Have you seen Rivendell bikes? They are AMAZING! Someday….
Seriously!

27 Melissa March 15, 2010 at 10:21 am

Those are gorgeous bikes!

A couple of summers ago, my husband replaced my old 1960s Schwinn cruiser for a fixed-gear bike. It was so great to ride a bike that weighed less than 50 lbs! If you're looking into inexpensive road bikes, you should totally check out Mission Bicycles. You can customize the components and colors of your bike!

28 Melissa March 15, 2010 at 11:21 am

Those are gorgeous bikes!

29 Matriarchivist March 16, 2010 at 11:03 am

Gabrielle, you will love cycling with your kids and all the better if you can ditch your car from time to time. I installed an iBert safe T seat (http://www.ibertinc.com/) for my 11 month old yesterday (love!) and plan on getting the Madsen bucket bike (http://www.madsencycles.com/) as our family wheels once we have #2. Saved a little coin compared to the dutch bikes but if you can spring for it more power to you! Another fave blog of mine that might provide some inspiriation: http://totcycle.com/

30 Matriarchivist March 16, 2010 at 12:03 pm

31 Deece March 18, 2010 at 1:06 am

My sister recently bought bikes for their whole family. I'm a tad bit jealous, but not in a mean way. Our daughter has a bike and we plan to fix up an old bike for our boy. And then I really want to get bikes for me and the Mister. I rode my nephew's bike at the park on my birthday last November. I didn't realize how much I miss it. I miss it a lot.

32 Deece March 18, 2010 at 2:06 am

33 Julie April 10, 2010 at 8:00 am

I thought it was illegal to live in Colorado and not own a bike. Denver is amazing with all of its trails. You really, really need to get bikes for you both before Spring actually arrives. (Like the snow we had three days ago? Crazy weather.)