Interchangeable Rings

March 9, 2010

I saw these rings a few weeks ago and keep coming back to stare at them. Uncut diamonds in the rough. I think they’re striking and completely wonderful. What do you think? Would you wear something like this? How about for an engagement ring?

via seesaw

{ 1 trackback }

Interchangeable Rings « Blog || Made You Look
June 21, 2010 at 10:10 am

1 NestBliss March 9, 2010 at 12:11 pm

test would be what does it look like on at the grocery store? It does look cool in the photo though.

2 Shannon March 9, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Absolutely. What a unique creation. Changes your perception some on what beauty is-we all have it in different forms

3 Astyn March 9, 2010 at 12:16 pm

no way

4 k a t y March 9, 2010 at 12:16 pm

They are spectacular! I'd love a ring buffet.

5 k a t y March 9, 2010 at 12:16 pm

They are spectacular! I'd love a ring buffet.

6 k a t y March 9, 2010 at 12:16 pm

They are spectacular! I'd love a ring buffet.

7 K~ March 9, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I love it! In fact the 1st ring hubby gave me was similar to that one and it had a chunk of windshield glass in it, it was an ongoing joke between us! I loved it but my jeweler wasn't able to get it fixed so that I could wear it everyday, it was just in an expandable setting they use to display diamonds.

8 Jessica Lords March 9, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I like the idea but I would (1) be afraid that the setting would unscrew as I do not take off my rings unless I'm cleaning them and (2) they look pretty big and would snag and (3) they're cool, but if they are as expensive as cut diamonds, then they're still too expensive for me.

9 AnnDeO March 9, 2010 at 12:53 pm

The idea is intriguing, but it sort looks like something my teenager made in his high school jewelry class. A lukewarm fan am I.

10 Jacqueline and Andy March 9, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Very Tim Burtonesque!

11 Stephanie March 9, 2010 at 1:06 pm

These are really beautiful, but I think the raised design would drive me crazy. My wedding ring has a raised setting & I'm always hitting it on things.

12 Tent Revival March 9, 2010 at 1:09 pm

the stones are pretty, especially the white one, but I really don't like wearing rings that stick out so much.

13 Ashley March 9, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I'm always on the look out for unique engagement rings (I have no plan of getting married but when I do want everything to be perfect)

I love the idea of uncut stones. Having an interchangeable ring would be a lot of fun. I however would want the stone to be a lot larger if it were my actual engagement ring. Looks like a super fun everyday ring.

14 Kim and Andrew March 9, 2010 at 1:17 pm

It looks cool, but it sits too high for me. I would snag it on everything.

15 Toddler Boy Clothing March 9, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I think the concept is amazing. I just feel awkward wearing it. And I would feel like I would lose it or it would come out from the setting!

Pretty cool though!

16 tawnya March 9, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I can get the link to work (so sad!) but YES! I would totally do it. We have a thing about switching out our rings, anyway, (see here: http://drawntotheflame.blogspot.com/2009/01/alternative-girlfriend.html )and this would be great!

17 Sylvia March 9, 2010 at 2:10 pm

yuck.

ugly and impractical.

18 Kirsty March 9, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Pretty cool for something fun and funky to wear but not as an enduring classic piece and it sort of defeats the object of spending all that money on a diamond when you could get the same effect with any semi precious stone..y'know?

I think it's trying too hard…;)

19 nichole March 9, 2010 at 9:47 pm

i think the black one looks like a lump of coal. ( how romantic) But I like the others they look pretty. But not pretty enough for the wedding finger.( I sport a tattooed name on my wedding finger, so that says a lot )

20 katy March 9, 2010 at 10:27 pm

I don't think it's a bad looking ring, but I don't think it's at all practical. It would have to be a lot less expensive to be a real option for an engagement ring – as is it costs more than a lot of finished polished stone rings, so the whole point would have to be *knowing* that what you have is expensive while everyone else feels sorry that you didn't get a *real* engagement ring. If it were silver with another kind of stone and cost about 1/10th the price I would own one for sure.

21 Sara March 10, 2010 at 11:29 am

1st one no.

2nd one I'm intrigued by.

Sort of on the fence with this idea. Sitting on the fence and wondering…

22 Amy G. March 10, 2010 at 11:54 am

I can just imagine the snickers from the friends of the girl who received this as an engagement ring…

"Dang! Did ya see the ROCK he gave her?"

I think in a smaller scale and NOT as an engagement ring, it would actually be sort of neat, but definitely a fad.

23 Design Milk March 10, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I like these. beautiful

24 michelle @ blissful musings March 10, 2010 at 2:34 pm

That is so interesting! Never thought of putting an uncut diamond on a ring.

25 i*adore March 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I wouldn't wear it as an engagement ring. Heck, my engagement ring isn't a diamond as I am more of a yellow sapphire person. But I would wear this ring as my everyday accessory.

26 Tally Girl March 10, 2010 at 3:54 pm

If I was young I would wear it. Not now, my tastes are different.

27 Wimzie Prints March 10, 2010 at 4:06 pm

They look kind of scary and dangerous to me. I would for sure scratch my child or poke an eye out with one…Can you tell I don't wear much jewelry since I had a kid?

28 caroline March 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I like the idea of an interchangeable ring, and I think these are striking, but I've never liked rings that stick out very far from the finger for myself. Solitaires (polished and sparkly or not) are pretty, but they're not for me.

And can I just say that I hate the thought of people "feel[ing] sorry that you didn't get a *real* engagement ring," as Katy mentioned? I know engagement ring competition/judgment happens all the time, but I think it's terribly sad. Why does the size of the ring matter, and why does it have to be a diamond?

29 toddler girl clothing March 13, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I think its fantastic. I would so wear these.

30 annieglan March 16, 2010 at 8:51 am

This is exactly what I wanted for my engagement ring. I had a plan that on our 50th anniversary we would get it cut to show the change in our relationship. Unfortunately, I didn't get what I wanted.

31 annieglan March 16, 2010 at 9:51 am

32 OakGem January 29, 2011 at 11:59 am

That IS clever! I love how well you handled the delicate mechanism too. Well, maybe not *that* delicate, but still a difficult thing to finesse. Thanks for sharing!

Estate Jewelry