Headbands by Blue Eyed Freckle

March 10, 2010

Maude’s hair is at a great length for headbands and we’ve been searching out pretty ones far and wide. Like these lovely felt creations from Blue Eyed Freckle. Do you wear headbands? Do you like a wide or thin band? I’ve never been very good at wearing them, but I think they’re adorable.

1 julia March 10, 2010 at 1:05 pm

the model kind of looks like jordan, no?

2 Anonymous March 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm

These headbands by Blue Eyed Freckle are the best, seriously!!

3 Allison March 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I love headbands! I'm so thrilled my 3 yr. old loves them as well, there are some really beautiful options out there. I want to wear them too but not sure if they're right for someone my age (late 30's)? I always feel out of sorts, like I'm trying to look younger than I am.

4 meplus3 March 10, 2010 at 2:06 pm

that is pretty

you should check out sweatybands. they're just ribbon and velveteen ribbon sewn together, with a thin piece of elastic holding the ends together.

I saw them at a marathon expo this weekend, picked one up and totally plan on making some more on my own.

5 blueeyedfreckle March 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm

thank you so much for the shout out!!! I was thrilled to read your blog today and see my headbands!! giddy:)

6 Lisa March 10, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I gotta say, those are the cutest things since … sliced bread?

7 Shanicherie March 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm

And they're super comfy! No joke, you can wear it all day and totally forget it's on cause it's not digging into your scalp!

8 Heather Vincent March 10, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I LOVE THEM!!!! So cute! I'm not one for headbands either. I am hoping when my 14 month old gets big enough to wear them, she will want to wear them. I think they are so cute.

9 Janika March 10, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I spotted one of these headbands on a cute gal sitting next to me on a flight. I asked her about it (made by a friend–otherwise known as "Blue Eyed Freckle" ) and we up chatting the whole flight! Her headband was so well made and in such gorgeous colors. I hope to order one of my own soon!

10 homemade grits March 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm

i own three of them. great headbands and great maker!

11 A.Mountain.Bride March 10, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I LOVE headbands. my fave are the super skinny wire ones that don't pinch my scalp together.

check out these sparkly ones on skinny bands:

12 nweames March 10, 2010 at 8:00 pm

While I don't wear them I do love them on daughters. A couple of years ago my oldest (and I) decided to grow her bangs out. To help with the transition we did headbands. We bought a wide one with elastic connecting the ends. After a while I realized we needed more and I just used the headband as a pattern and grabbed some quilt fabric and made some. It turned out great and we found we could make any assortment. It has proved wonderful for both my oldest and later my younger daughter when she decided to cut her bangs — to the scalp — and we had to grow them out.

13 Jeannie March 10, 2010 at 10:44 pm

i wish i could wear headbands, but i can't: they wear me, and THAT'S never a good thing. when your clothes or accessories look like a costume on you, it's time to take it down a notch. not YOU, i mean, ME.

moral of this comment? i admire headbands – from afar!

14 Vee March 11, 2010 at 2:03 am

These are beautiful. Lately I've been liking the thin bands. But on occasion I love the thick bands. Depends on the look I'm going for.

15 Anonymous March 11, 2010 at 10:56 am

I've seen and tried on lots of headbands and there are none to compare to these by blueeyedfreckle in terms of quality and comfort! and really, they are timeless! i've seen 40 year old women with them on and they look fab. work it, girlfriends!

16 Marissa March 11, 2010 at 11:04 am

I love headbands and think I look adorable so long as I'm in my house…but I think that they look stupid on me as soon as I leave the safety of my room! I need to change my thinking from stupid to glam and hip!

17 Amber March 11, 2010 at 5:47 pm

me likey!

18 tickledred March 11, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I love these headbands! I can't wait to see what else you have on here :)

19 Newborn Clothing March 13, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I love these head bands. Their amazing! I MUST get one.

20 Jill March 15, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I've bought four of blueeyedfreckled designs, and love them all. I have to admit, I can't pull off the headband as well as others, but I love these ones so much I really try. I always get comments when I wear them, and they are super comfy, stylish and oh so cute. Love talented, creative and original people that I can purchase these things from. You really have to try one to see what all the fuss is about. It's worth it.

21 handmade charlotte March 15, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I bought one of these! Great! I love it!

22 Jill March 15, 2010 at 1:18 pm

23 handmade charlotte March 15, 2010 at 1:25 pm

I bought one of these! Great! I love it!

24 adrienne breaux March 15, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Wow wow wow. I've always liked the look of feather headbands, but always felt they were too formal for my tastes, but these are casual and cute and still keep up that feel of the aesthetic. Love it!

-adrienne