Easter Clothes

March 24, 2010

Easter is coming up fast! It’s on April 4th (in case you were curious). I always find holidays that fall at the beginning of the month sort of difficult. Because I tend not to think about things happening in April until April arrives. Do any of you feel the same?

But this year I’m kind of on top of things. I was at Target earlier this month, picking up a few things for Maude’s birthday, when I spotted these cute cotton dresses. Right then and there I outfitted the 3 girls for Easter. Head to toe. That’s right. Dresses, tees, cardigans, flats, rainboots. All in one stop. Don’t they look great?

True, it’s out of character for me not to shop around a bit for something like this, but I figure, the closer I get to my due date, the more practical I’d better be. (Plus, the sweaters and tees were on sale, how could I say no?)

I didn’t see anything I loved for the boys during the same shopping trip (except Oscar’s shoes), but I outfitted Oscar easily at Children’s Place. Khakis, polo and yellow socks for a little pop of color. The blue button-down was already in his closet. I still haven’t shopped for Ralph yet. Most likely, I’ll just pick him up a new spring necktie.

Are you doing Easter clothes this year? Where have you found cute stuff?

1 UpsideUp March 24, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Goodness Gabby. Your girls are absolutely stunning. I can’t believe how old Olive, especially, looks.

2 Musings of a Housewife March 24, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Perfection! I love it. LOVE your eye for color. And your new site looks great!

3 Lori Jo March 24, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Funny… I just saw those cardigans at Target yesterday and debated whether I should buy them. Yes, I love put together the kids Easter clothes. I Found cute dresses at Garnet Hill and cardigans & shoes at Old Navy. I still would like to find a yellow shirt for my son… any ideas?

4 Bailey March 24, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Gorgeous! They all look so cute. And the rainboots are quite smart for a Colorado Easter. I’ll be making my daughters dress with my mom this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

5 Barchbo March 24, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Cute, cute! Everyone is looking so grown-up!

I also love how your girls always look so darling, yet so age-appropriate.
It gives me comfort to know I will likely never see the Blair girls in glittery crop-tops.

I don’t have kids so I didn’t do Easter clothes but my sister did coordinating Liberty of London dresses from Target for her toddler and infant girls.

6 Ashley @coffeequeen March 24, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Such cute things. My daughter’s birthday is Friday. I should pick up one of these dresses for her Goddess party on Saturday.

7 elz March 24, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Love the bright colors. My girls will also be wearing clothes from Target. They picked out Liberty of London dresses, so sweet. I can’t wait to see them with their baskets.

8 Boston Mamas March 24, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Gorgeous! And I got those same awesome rainboots for Laurel a couple of weeks ago!

9 Katie @ goodLife {eats} March 24, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I got Logan an adorable stripped tie at Children’s Place that just happened to have his favorite color in it – purple. He’s wearing it with an oxford and khakis. I haven’t found the perfect dress for Madeline yet, which is pretty out of character since the boy clothes are what I usually struggle with. I want them to coordinate without being matchy-matchy.

10 mrs boo radley March 24, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Lovely colors on darling kids!

11 Valerie March 24, 2010 at 4:31 pm

sewing this year
I hope…

12 sarah thompson March 24, 2010 at 4:50 pm

i make the cutest neckties and bow ties for boys and sell them in my etsy shop here..

perfect for easter!

13 Jeanette Mc. March 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm

I am certain these images could not be cuter – just perfect. I love how you spread the eggs around. Catalog material I tell you! I have no little ones to dress anymore. I will have to wait a few years for the grandchildren to come along! Can’t wait to see the Easter photos.

14 carolyn March 24, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Beautiful girls in their outfits! Being from Canada, we were just in Target last week while on our March Break trip. Needless to say, we bought boatloads for our girls too — a pitstop at the local “Tar-jay” is always high on our family trip!

15 Matriarchivist March 24, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Beautiful kids, and I’m sure the one in the oven is gorgeous too.

My little girl’s first birthday is nigh, so I am splurging on a birthday outfit rather than a Easter outfit. Found a wonderful, local-to-me, Canadian designer on etsy. Hold onto your socks….

16 Steph March 24, 2010 at 5:34 pm

ADORABLE! I’m booking a family portrait photo session soon … can I hire you to figure out our outfits (two adults and 0ne 18 month old)? I’m a designer and love things to look great too, but I HATE shopping. And you’re so good at it. Pretty please? We live in Denver!!!!

17 amber March 24, 2010 at 5:40 pm

the outfits are absolutely adorable.

target is DA BOMB!!

love the color combos for spring, makes me smile just thinking about them.

18 Klaudette March 24, 2010 at 5:46 pm

They all look so festive! Your family is beautiful! I also outfitted my kids from Target this year….I don’t think I saw these clothes though. I ended up doing Liberty of London dresses for my girls and picked up a cute tie for my son….still need to get shoes though!

19 joslyn March 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

adorable! it’s all perfection…man those girlies look like you ;-)

My girlies will be donning some of their new Liberty of London for Target duds for Easter. fun!

xoxo

20 Michelle March 24, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Why can’t I put together things like that? You are good!

Is the flower brooch from Target too? Where is that from? Adorable!

21 christy March 24, 2010 at 5:59 pm

They all look gorgeous! Our daughter is 19 months now and got a cute 2T pink dress from Gymboree before she was born – she’ll be wearing that this Easter!

22 MMW March 24, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Target is a Way of Life for our family. Your family looks fab!

23 Maria Martino March 24, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Your family is amazing. What beautiful pictures!

24 courtney March 24, 2010 at 6:20 pm

you have such beautiful children! I saw that yellow dress at Target and almost bought it for my daughter (she’s 2). I love your youngest’s pink socks with pink shoes. I’m always worried regular socks like that would look weird with a dress, but that is darling!

25 Tiffany March 24, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Wow…. soooo cute!! Your children are precious!! I used to sew my daughter her Easter dresses but now she is 14 and I stopped… I need to do it again and have her help me because she LOVES to sew!! Isnt Target the greatest ever??? So many cute things! I really should find some cute outfits for my boys… it just adds up so quickly! Wish I could sew up something cute for them! BTW… AMAZING BLOG!!

26 Haydee March 24, 2010 at 6:57 pm

What an absolutely beautiful (and stylish:) family! Don’t you love Target? I saw these cute dresses there too. I ended up getting my 3 year old daughter a little pink dress w/white, yellow and navy flowers and matching bloomers. Tougher for my 14 mo. old son, but I think I’ll go the way of a little tie also:)

27 Ali March 24, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I’m not a huge Easter dress kind of gal anyway, but with General Conference falling on Easter Sunday, I just decided to pass on the entire thing this year.

There are some really darling (yet pricey) items in Crew Cuts though….

And ties…where do you find good ones? Our sons are the same age and now that Kyle is wearing his new sunday uniform, I’m always on the lookout for a good tie. Not the easiest thing to find for a 12 year old…

28 Isabel @AlphaMom March 24, 2010 at 7:55 pm

gosh, the girls look like they stepped out of a magazine.

i love when you do these fashion shoots with your gorgeous kids.

Tell me, what do you bribe them with?

29 Kellie @ Greenhab March 24, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Aw, Gabby, they are adorable! Of course they’d be adorable in rags too!

30 Alicia W. March 24, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Crazy 8′s is my new favorite place to shop for my little girls…I have always loved shopping for Easter dresses! I love your girls’ outfits. Very classic and not too high maintenance. Very nice!

31 Abby March 24, 2010 at 9:19 pm

all of your kids are so dang cute!!! but…

Betty Blair. Rock. STAR.

32 christine March 24, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Absolutely adorable. I wish those striped rain boots came in women’s sizes!

33 Amy March 24, 2010 at 10:14 pm

For Jessica’s first Easter, she wore a dress my mother had saved from when I was a baby. Last year, I made her a dress using some fabric that had been on the cake table at our wedding. http://urbanpioneerwoman.blogspot.com/2009/04/easter-sewing.html This year I am making her and her friend down the street matching green gingham dresses with their names embroidered in green on the white bodice. So far, it is looking cute, classic, and age appropriate (and costing me about $1)! Although I might should have taken the Target direction! I am noticeably tired at the end of this pregnancy, and your kids look absolutely adorable. Now….what am I going to do next year with a little boy….this is uncharted territory for me!

34 Jan March 25, 2010 at 12:21 am

I hope to dress my boys up for Easter, but as they get older they’re less likely to allow me to choose what they wear. My eight year old is all about fashion, so we’re going out this weekend to pick something he approves of. I’m thinking khaki pants with a golf shirt under an open plaid dress shirt with a pair of converse. That’s his style. My nine year old little athlete is hoping to buy “fancy trackpants”!.

35 sara March 25, 2010 at 1:54 am

Oh Gabby. I LOVE Betty’s haircut. She’s such a big girl! Ready to be a big sister too now. Your girls look so darling.

And I love Target. But you already know that.

36 Natalie March 25, 2010 at 2:25 am

Absolutely. Gorgeous.

37 Heather March 25, 2010 at 2:34 am

SO cute! And these pictures are beautiful too!

This year is THE year – I plan on all of us having a real Easter outfit – and that includes me. (Any suggestions for mommy Easter wear?)

38 Stephanie March 25, 2010 at 3:42 am

Darling! You must feel so on top of things…an awesome high. I bought my little guy those same sneaks…so cute! They are perfect.

On an Easter note, I bought my gals Easter Dresses last fall during the $10 sale at Olive Juice. Now I just need to find a cropped white cardi…oh and a tie :)

xo

39 Geneva March 25, 2010 at 6:07 am

So I’m a long time reader but not a big commenter, but wow, that last picture of your girls! It is simply stunning.

Stunning.

40 megan engelmann March 25, 2010 at 11:33 am

love the new layout on your site… i’ve been using wordpress for a few years and love it!
I have a one year old and two teen/tween stepsons. I love to make them ties for holidays. I think this year I make the little one a suit. KwikSew has a great pattern for suit jackets for older kids, too.

41 beth aka confusedhomemaker March 25, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Beautiful family!
As for finding clothes we find them at Target, Children’s Palace, Costco, & Sears–the Land’s End collection (you can sometimes get good deals if you get updates from them via mail/email). I also can’t believe Easter/Pascha is right around the corner. Feels like it was just Christmas.

42 Silvy March 25, 2010 at 1:39 pm

ADORABLE!!! your daughters look stunning!!!

43 Doralyn March 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Love the bright colors and your kids are lovely.

44 kelleyn March 25, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Makes me wish I had little girls, but nope I have three boys. I had a hard time finding anything. I settled for polos from the Gap, but I am not in absolute love with them. I just some some nice button down shirts from Lands End, so I just might go over and pick those up.

45 Jill March 25, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I love Betty’s haircut. It’s darling. I can’t believe how grown up your girls look all of sudden. I’ve read your blog for years now and today those pictures just smacked me in the face. They are so grown up!!!

46 Katie March 25, 2010 at 6:38 pm

I just made a cute pair of pants for my youngest and the other two boys will have pants before Easter as well. (Pictures are on my blog.)

IT has got to be fun to shop for girls. Those spring combinations are perfection!

47 Erica March 25, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I purchased all of my little girls spring dresses from Boden. I love their clothing!

48 Angela March 25, 2010 at 8:24 pm

Beautiful Blair girls. Love the colors, too!

49 Julie March 25, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Yes! They do look great! I tried to talk my youngest into the mustard colored number, but she wouldn’t budge. They are all so sweet. I find it really tough to resist so many of the kids’ clothes at Target. I was hoping to see more organics coming in. They did briefly carry some organic dresses and tees at our neighborhood location. I resisted buying the cobalt colored dress (as seen on one your girls) for my older child, although I know she would love it. I am about to embark on a similar color dress project for her. I can’t reconcile making dresses for my shop but not for my own kids – at least not often enough. That darned Mom guilt!

50 Whitney March 26, 2010 at 4:55 am

I did a whole photo shoot with my daughter in the yellow dress. LOVE it!

51 Whitney March 26, 2010 at 4:58 am

I did a whole photo shoot with my daughter in the yellow dress. LOVE it!

52 your kids are very cute and attractive March 26, 2010 at 6:33 am

hey every body should enjoy easter day by wearing nice
dresses just like above kids….

enjoy……

53 kelly March 26, 2010 at 10:42 am

I can’t believe how grown up Maude and Olive look. I just remember Olive looking a lot more like Betty at that age. Now she is so grown up and a little beauty like Maude. You have wonderful girls. I am so glad you are having another little girls to add to the mix.

54 Olivia March 26, 2010 at 11:38 am

I LOVE the clothes from CWDkids. I bought and adorable dress for my daughter from them this season.

Have a great weekend!

55 Pat March 26, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Hi! I’m new to your blog. New to blogs, period. This discussion caught my eye only because it took me WEEKS to find an Easter dress for my soon-to-be 12-year-old. A warning … as soon as your oldest young lady moves into jr sizes you’ll be hard-pressed to find ANYTHING cute or “age-appropriate,” even at Target (where the jr. sun dresses are SO low cut they look inappropriate even with a tshirt underneath them.) Any of your followers know a decent source for clothes for pre-teens?

56 handmadecharlotte March 26, 2010 at 5:39 pm

crew cuts…..gymboree has cute things for that size every once in a while and on sale because they do not think of it for older children…hope that helps…

57 handmadecharlotte March 26, 2010 at 5:36 pm

your kids are soooo cute…..

58 Amber March 27, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Your girls are beautiful. I love the easter clothes, too.

59 michelle March 28, 2010 at 11:27 pm

These photos are gorgeous! I love the rainbow Easter eggs as well.

Please do tell – where did you get that fab flower pin??

60 Shannon Best March 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I did Target also. You just can’t beat the quality and price. Plus they have a great selection. Abigail is in all white with the shoes that have the little strap except they are lavender….and Porter is in seersucker pants with a white button down. Crocs of course…..can’t get the child to wear anything else!

LOVE the new layout!