Book of the Week: Mathilda and the Orange Balloon

March 9, 2010

Jen Corace’s illustrations make me happy. And they go so nicely with this sweet story by Randall de Seve called Mathilda and the Orange Balloon. Little lamb Mathilda can imagine herself in a million wonderful ways — it’s all about the power of possibilities.

1 Lynn from For Love or Funny March 9, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Is it wrong to love kids' books even though I'm 46? :)

2 Robyn March 9, 2010 at 4:01 pm

This has nothing to do with this post (though it does look like a darling book), but it seems to me that awhile ago you mentioned a fashion blog – I think that the girl who cut your hair was it's proprieter?

Does this ring a bell? I can't find the blog entry anywhere. Could you remind me where to find that blog?

Thanks, Robyn

3 Al, Wendy, Max, and Lil March 9, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Looks like a lovely book. Have you read "Wave" by Suzy Lee? My kids love this book. And when I say "read"…well…there are no words in the book. The story is told by my 3yr. old daughter, nevertheless.

4 Mommy-to-be Mrs. C March 9, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I totally put this on my amazon wish list… love the illustrations!
My latest obsessive baby "thing" has been to google illustrators of childrens' books to see if they sell prints of their work. So far I've found a few great ones to decorate our little one's nursery, can't wait to explore this one too! :)

5 AmyC March 9, 2010 at 11:50 pm

I need this book! I love children's books particularly those with sheep…I am a knitter…this is perfect!

6 Amanda's Favs March 10, 2010 at 10:28 am

Looks really sweet!

7 -amanda March 10, 2010 at 10:28 am

Looks really sweet!

8 homemade grits March 10, 2010 at 5:15 pm

aw my daughter's name is matilda! we need this:)

9 hannahcloud March 11, 2010 at 7:44 am

This looks sweet– I have to admit I keep getting surprised by some of the things in my favorite children's books of old. . . for example I was going to read a favorite "Pop Corn and Ma Goodness" to the kids at my sons' preschool until I realized that one of the lines is "They got them some kids for the whuppitty-whoppity." Oh how times have changed. Had to skip that one and read "What happened to Patrick's Dinosaurs?" (a big winner in my house) instead.