American Science & Surplus

March 11, 2010

Have you browsed the wares at American Science & Surplus? It’s a fascinating place. You can find these pretty pushpins for less than $3. Or this clock for your math-whiz friend. Or you can find robot partz.

Via Wee Wonderfuls

1 mrs boo radley March 11, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Love the clock. May get one for the engineer in our house. He'd love it!

2 Veeda March 11, 2010 at 3:19 pm

that clock is conjuring up painful memories of math class. Despite the headache, I still like it.

3 Julianne March 11, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I like the clock. The website where you found it is all illustrations though. It doesn't look like that.

4 LeahC March 11, 2010 at 4:15 pm

This is the best place! I grew up around the actual store and my dad would take me when I was a kid and give me two dollars to get whatever I wanted. It was a great game for a kid because I could either get 20 little things or one big thing and it was an automatic math lesson :).

It's a wonderfully strange place.

5 Kitty March 11, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Julianne: Underneath each illustration is a link to 'view photo' and voilà!

Wow… what a Gold Mine! I need the clock and oodles more. This will be a Christmas shopping paradise. Now, just to get them to ship to France…

6 babymorris March 12, 2010 at 9:43 am

My gosh, I love going there – have been going there since I was 12…soooo much fun.

I used to love getting their print catalogue – all the cool old-style illustrations were so fun to look at.

Great source for random art, science, teaching supplies. Plus, it's been awhile, but they used to have these great little faux-Diana camera kits.

7 Julianne March 12, 2010 at 9:47 am

thanks kitty!

8 Toddler Girl Clothing March 13, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Oh god, What a great clock. I agree with "Veeda" too much memories of math class!!

9 Natalie March 14, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Ha! Love this place….it's even better when you can browse the actual store!

10 Natalie March 14, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Ha! Love this place….it's even better when you can browse the actual store!