Book of the Week — All The World

February 9, 2010

I’ve fallen in love with this sweet new book by Liz Garton Scanlon, called All the World. (I’ve fallen in love with Marla Frazen’s illustrations as well.) Reading it is very calming. The perfect book to read right before naptime. It’s a book you’ll be glad is on your bookshelves.

1 Mikaela February 9, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I LOVE this book! The librarian (at the school where I teach) was part of the Caldecott Selection Committee this year. He shared this with us earlier in the year and then again when he returned (as it was one they selected for a Caldecott Honor Medal). Such a beautiful book!

2 MoolyBee February 9, 2010 at 1:39 pm

So beautiful! Her illustrations remind me of The Little House just a little in the 'all the world's a garden' picture.

3 molly February 9, 2010 at 1:43 pm

read this book to my boys at the bookstore the other day. loved it too! need to make a trip back to buy it :)

4 red or gray art February 9, 2010 at 2:57 pm

most
childrens
books
are
works
of
art

elk

5 Design Mom February 9, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Mikaela – How cool to be on the Caldecott Selection Committee. Totally jealous of your librarian. I heart Caldecotts.

MoolyBee – I can totally see the Little House reference.

Molly – For sure. You have to get it. It's a winner.

red or gray art – I fully agree.

6 Kelly February 9, 2010 at 9:45 pm

We recently checked that book out at the library. I liked it, but it wasn't one I HAD to have.

One we also recently read that I just had to have was Friday My Radio Flyer Flew by Zachary Pullen.

7 vanessa February 9, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I've never seen this before, but am heading to the library tomorrow–I hope they have it!

8 Stephanie February 9, 2010 at 11:18 pm

It really is a beautifully illustrated book. I especially love all of the babywearing that happens throughout the book. Gorgeous.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

9 JK_in_KC February 10, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Love Marla Frazee's illustrations in 7 Silly Eaters, too.

10 WanderChow February 16, 2010 at 10:28 pm

We've been reading this book, got it from the library. Fantastic illustrations!