Nightlight

January 7, 2010

There’s another gift that Maude made this Christmas that I didn’t get a chance to share. It’s a nightlight that she made for Oscar. She used modpodge, small squares of patterned scrapbooking paper and a nightlight form. The technique was similar to the sketchbook she made for Ralph. But the nightlight turned out sort of quilt-like.

Maude did a great job and Oscar LOVES his nightlight.

How about you, Dear Readers? Did your kids make gifts for each other this year? Any projects they were particularly proud of?

———————

Want more ideas? Here are some links to other sibling gifts we’ve made:
- Potato Print clothing
- Embellished gloves
- Jumpropes
- Ribbon flowers (as belts, clips and hairpins)
- Glitter Initials
- Decoupaged Sketchbook
- Tutu, decoupaged bucket for matchbox cars, after-school bags, tiedye tees
- Flower headbands
- Wool mittens from recycled sweaters, embellished dragon mittens, sculpey bracelets, bibs, snowglobes and romper stompers made from cans

- Bubble bath, circle loom scarf
- Ribbon barrettes, painted t-shirt
- Bean bags, heating pad, hand chalk (for gymnastics), iPod cover

{ 1 trackback }

Make a Mod Podged night light. - Mod Podge Rocks
April 18, 2013 at 5:30 am

1 Sandra January 7, 2010 at 10:47 pm

it wasn't for his sister but my 5 year old son helped string stretchy bracelets for his aunts and grandmas with buttons and small beads- they turned out great and made those who didn't receive one jealous. I think he will be making more for birthdays. All of your kids swap gifts look great. I love the ideas.

2 Andrea January 7, 2010 at 11:04 pm

That nightlight is SO darling! We did homemade sibling gifts for the first time this year and my kids (and I) absolutely loved it. We're definitely making it a tradition!

3 Bloom January 7, 2010 at 11:26 pm

I've been thoroughly inspired by all of your children's handmade gifts over the years. This year my 3-year-old, Blaine, made the bubble bath you suggested for his cousin, Mary. It was completely adorable to watch his face as she opened it.

Thanks for all the great (and practical!) ideas.

4 Keri Jackson January 8, 2010 at 8:16 am

That's a GREAT idea!

5 meplus3 January 8, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Next year my boys will be three, and we are totally doing this

6 Mod Podge Any November 9, 2010 at 6:36 am

This is so cute, and I can’t believe I didn’t see it until now!

7 pamela November 30, 2011 at 5:05 pm

i remember chatting last year with you through the comments, mentioning a project i wanted to try making – a memory game for our young family abroad with cards made up of their family’s faces. i ended up making it but am just now remembering to share it with you. now that you are abroad, it seems much more appropriate! :)