The Best Boring Weekend Ever

November 9, 2009

We did not do anything special this weekend, but I was telling Ben Blair that it felt like the best weekend ever. And then I figured out it was because my energy was up — from like 15% to 60% — which feels amazing. We did laundry! We did the grocery shopping! We put away Halloween! We went to Target! We went on a date! We were on time to church!

Isn’t that a wonderful thing? To feel better after feeling crummy for so long? I hope your weekend was equally lovely.

PS — Did you see this cute picture that Liz took of my pregnant sister, Jordan? It reminded me that I need to think of a way to document this pregnancy. I’ve never taken preggie photos before, but I want some this time around. Because I’m pretty sure it’s my last.

PPS — Don’t miss Stephmodo’s adorable new family photos (including the one pictured above).

PPPS — In the next post, I have to show you the wonderful thing we bought at Target.

PPPPS — Did you guys love Ask-Design-Mom-Week as much as I did? So many great questions! (Some of Friday’s posts were just published today.) I always mean to make it a weekly feature, but I generally forget. I’ll try to make it happen this time…

1 Autumn November 9, 2009 at 7:09 pm

I'm really looking forward to one of those boring weekends! Sounds nice.

2 Jen November 9, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Congrats on feeling better! You really take it for granted when your not pregnant!

3 Amber Avenue November 9, 2009 at 11:49 pm

I LOVED Ask-Design-Mom-Week! Thanks….let's do it again sometime. :)

4 Catherine November 10, 2009 at 12:55 am

Love weekends like this!

5 Deece November 10, 2009 at 1:02 am

Glad you are feeling better! I would love to go to Target, if only we had one. *sigh*

6 Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) November 10, 2009 at 1:03 am

I've been having offline weekends with my family for the last few months, but still… my weekends never sound as productive as that.

7 Rachelle November 10, 2009 at 9:57 am

I loved Ask-Design-Mom week. Really loved Stephmodo's family portraits.
And have really come to love reading Design Mom on a regular basis!

8 Design Mom November 10, 2009 at 10:56 am

Thanks for the kind words, everybody!

Catherine – I love weekends like this too. I get my highs off productivity.

Deece – Thank goodness for Target.com! I know it's not as good as the real thing, but at least it's something. : )

Susan – I know you. You're more productive than that in any given hour.

9 Deece November 10, 2009 at 5:03 pm

I would love it if it did. Unfortunately, Target.com doesn't ship to the middle of the Pacific. :(

And yes, I really enjoyed this last Ask Design Mom Week. :)

10 Amber Lee November 11, 2009 at 12:29 am

Yea, such great news that you're feeling a bit better. Thanks for somehow keeping us all entertained in the meantime! Loved ask design mom week.

11 Stephanie November 12, 2009 at 12:51 am

Thanks for the mention Gabrielle…here's a little something that will make you laugh. So inside my youngest daughter's book is an iPhone, playing Casper the Ghost :) We couldn't get her to sit still for this picture (I wanted it so badly) and so we improvised. I laugh whenever I see it now…even on your blog!