How I Spent Yesterday

November 13, 2009

Before Noon:
-Clean the house.
-Shower and get pretty.

-Entertain Oscar & Betty.

Noon – 3:00:
-Welcome the crew from DECA to our lovely home — director Kyle and cameramen Josh and Dave.
-Work with the crew rearranging furniture and displays to make our home even more lovely (at least from certain camera angles).
-Run a couple of errands while the crew gets the lighting and cameras set up.

3:00 – 4:00:
-Ben Blair picks up Chez Jose quesadillas for everybody (thanks for the meal, DECA).

-Ralph, Maude & Olive get home from school.

4:00 – 7:00:
-Participate in what will ultimately be a 60-second online spot showing how my family uses the new HP Touchsmart Printer.

-Ralph is assigned to get behind-the-scenes photos for this post.

7:00 – 8:00:

-The crew clears all the equipment out.

-I try to talk Ben Blair into picking up more quesadillas from Chez Jose because I’m hungry again. And those quesadillas are good. Dam good.

You can find more of Ralph’s photos here.

Also. Corey from Life With Little Ones posted an interview of me last week — it’s part of her Inspirational Interviews Series. And I was honored to be included. Not related to yesterday at all. But I’ve been meaning to tell you and I keep forgetting…

1 Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) November 13, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Looks like fun! Our shoot with DECA is next week. Kyle seems like a blast on the phone – so I can't wait to meet him and the rest of the group. :)

2 Michelle November 13, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see the finished piece.

3 Anonymous November 13, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Yeah Chez Jose in CC North! ~One of my favorite places~We always share a steak burrito and a side of guacamole.

4 melanie November 13, 2009 at 9:44 pm

I still can't believe how great that piano turned out…

5 Anonymous November 14, 2009 at 12:22 am

Design Mom – I love your blog; I absolutely do. You have fabulous taste, so I was disappointed to see you swear on your blog. It's a less than attractive quality in speech and in type (even if intentionally misspelled.)

(Poor language seems to be everywhere. Not here too…)

-Design Fan in Florida

6 Abby November 14, 2009 at 7:44 am

I love your post it note calendar idea! I think I am going to try it!

7 Anonymous November 14, 2009 at 8:38 pm

seriously other anonymous you haven't had Chez Jose – they are damn good – misspelled or not.

8 Sandra November 15, 2009 at 9:20 pm

oh wow. I am in love with the green piano. I want to know how you did it- I worry about painting an instrument and not somehow wrecking it… more info please.

9 Rendy November 16, 2009 at 11:39 am

Silly question: Have you found someone in Colo to cut your hair yet? I have hair just like yours, and have been here in Littleton 3 years, and still haven't found someone I'm satisfied with. If you have, can you pass along his/her name? Thanks!
We painted our piano a la design mom – and we love it too!