April Fool’s Day

April 1, 2009

Things that went down at out house before 8:00 this morning:

-When I opened my bedroom door, a cup of water splashed down on me.
-The cold cereal had been switched (when my son poured a box of Crispix, Cheerios came out instead).
-There was cream cheese in the toothpaste tubes.
-When I tried to put on my sneakers, I found them stuffed with paper.

-Sugar came out of the salt shaker.
-The milk was dyed blue.

Apparently, my kids woke up an hour early and did all this while Ben Blair and I slept. Because they are awesome. I have a feeling I’m not finished discovering their surprises. I hope you’re enjoying April Fool’s Day as much as my family is.

1 Charmaine April 1, 2009 at 9:39 am

Dang, I’m impressed. They’re quite clever, and I bet that took a lot of work. So where did the put the toothpaste? And how did they get the cream cheese in there?

2 Lexi April 1, 2009 at 9:40 am

Yes, how indeed did they get the cream cheese into the toothpaste tube?!

3 Nancy April 1, 2009 at 10:11 am

Oh how fun!! What clever kids you have. Check out my blog for what happened to my son this morning….

Maybe a guest tute on changing out toothpaste for cream cheese…LOL

4 Design Mom April 1, 2009 at 10:31 am

I honestly have no idea how they got the cream cheese into the toothpaste tube. I promise I will ask them as soon as they’re home from school.

My guess is, they found instructions in the Daring Book for Girls.

5 Heather April 1, 2009 at 10:31 am

Haha!! You have some creative kids! Amazing!

6 Neas Nuttiness April 1, 2009 at 10:58 am

Like everyone else…I really do want to know how they did that!!!

7 Katie @ goodLife {eats} April 1, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Cream cheese in the toothpaste tube is impressive! You’re kids sound like lots of fun.

8 Robin April 1, 2009 at 4:37 pm

how cute! the martha stewart show was full of ideas today, i am TRYING to get everyone… but I think i’m the one having the most fun being silly! lol Happy April :O)

9 ralph April 1, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Hi everyone, this is Ralph (designmom’s son) here are the directions for the cream cheese in toothpaste tube trick:

1. Get a toothpaste tube that is NOT filled to the top
2. Get a small chunk of cream cheese and place it on the opening of the tube
3.With a toothpick, prees in the cream cheese into the tube.

10 Ewa April 11, 2009 at 1:03 am