Apple Pies for Your Sweetie Pies

February 11, 2009

Seriously. Valentine’s Day is bringing out the best of the internet. Yesterday, Kathleen of Twig and Thistle sent me a link to a post she wrote on making mini apple pies. Complete with baking directions, recipe and a pdf template for the darling box.
This project makes me so happy I might cry.

1 Erin @ Sprouted In the Kitchen February 11, 2009 at 10:26 am

Wow, that is darling. Box and all. I thought you were going to introduce an online producer-seller, but *that* is much, much more marvelous. I kind of just want the templates for the boxes–for all kinds of things! Thank you for *yet* another wonderful find.

2 argylesocks February 11, 2009 at 11:14 am

I love this idea. So darling, and yet so delicious to even think about. I am going to have to check it out. Thanks for posting this.

3 Katie February 11, 2009 at 11:15 am

I’ll probably gain 10 lbs if I make all the yummy valentine goodies I’m seeing all over. This looks to be another great one. And so pretty too!

4 stacy di February 11, 2009 at 11:15 am

how wonderful! I love this idea…but it will be hard to not snarf down the little pies myself!

5 Tara February 11, 2009 at 11:29 am

NEITHER ONE OF THOSE LINKS ARE WORKING FOR ME. ANYBODY ELSE HAVING TROUBLE? I HAVE TO GET TO THAT RECIPE…LOOKS SO GOOD!

6 Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 12:51 pm

The first link worked for me but there isn’t a recipe. She just says to use your favorite apple pie recipe/ or frozen pie crust and can of apple filling. I was disappointed too. But the boxes are cute.

7 Lexi February 11, 2009 at 1:19 pm

The links aren’t working for me either.

8 Holly Dart February 11, 2009 at 1:55 pm

It’s perfect.

you are now my official go-to for valentine’s day ideas.

Thank you!

9 jenB February 11, 2009 at 2:13 pm

These are fantastic!!!

10 Kathleen at Twig and Thistle February 12, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Thanks so much to Gabrielle for posting this and everyone’s sweet comments. Our server was having some major issues yesterday but they appear to be resolved finally. I apologize for the inconvenience. I’ve also added a link to a Cranberry-Apple Pie recipe. Happy baking!

11 JenPB February 16, 2009 at 2:32 am

These are SUPER cute and such a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Wish I’d found your site BEFORE Valentine’s Day!