Ask Design Mom Week: Pretty Binders

June 4, 2008

Ask Design Mom Question:
Have you ever run across any good looking binders? I really need to get organized but can’t find any binders that work well AND look good. Any suggestions? Thanks! — Jenilyn

Design Mom Answer:
Great question, Jenilyn — and it’s come up before. Clearly, many women are seeking out pretty binders. And it’s no surprise. Good looking organization tools inspire us to put them to use. Happily, there are lots of great sources out there.

-Try Russell and Hazel. It’s one of my favorite sources for great-looking office supplies — including binders.
-See Jane Work is another great source, also with a selection of good-looking binders.
-For a strictly modern look, try the sleek selection at Paolo Cardelli.
-Like color and pattern? Track down stores that carry the Vera Bradley line by Lifeguard Press.

-And last night, on an errand to Target, I noticed this great new Greenroom eco-line. Very nice-looking. With binders under $6.00. And yes. I stopped in the middle of Target, with four of my kids in tow, to take photos of the binders. Because that’s how Design Mom rolls.

Hey Design Mom Readers! Seen any good-looking binders lately?

1 mattie June 4, 2008 at 10:27 am
2 Tanna Clark June 4, 2008 at 10:49 am

If you want to add a little color to plain binders you can do this.

3 Androniki June 4, 2008 at 11:07 am

I actually saw those binders the other day at target. They definitely caught my eye. YAY for design mom stopping in the middle of target to take pictures with FOUR kids with her!

4 Jo June 4, 2008 at 11:15 am

These are all great options. When I can’t find what I want in a local store, I make my own binders in whatever design I want. I buy white binders with the clear overlay and cut scrapbooking paper to fit. My favorites are the ones I made from Amy Butler’s Belle paper pad. The great thing about making binders this way is that if you get tired of the design, you can just insert new paper – it’s much cheaper than replacing the binder.

5 KJ June 4, 2008 at 11:25 am

I’ve heard you can purchase plain chipboard type binders and decoupage them however you like. I’ve never tried it, but it seems plausible and fun and a totally custom job.

6 mere June 4, 2008 at 1:46 pm

I always use Russel&Hazel already and MO from seejanework.com.
But these choices from target are wayyy cheaper!

7 me June 4, 2008 at 8:22 pm

These are very cute. They would really brighten up my office

8 Stephanie June 5, 2008 at 10:32 am

American Crafts Modern Binders are fantastic too.

9 Judith April 22, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I found some really unique binders at http://www.paolocardelli.com and ordered the “gold” color from the Milazzo Barolo collection. Also, we added our Jazz Festival’s logo deboss on them. These binders look pretty unique on the Paolo Cardelli website but, even better in real life. Very happy to find them.

10 Hollie May 9, 2011 at 7:49 am

Here are some really pretty binders that I love!

11 Binder September 29, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I know this is an old post but hope for help anyway. I was looking for large binders and found this company. There binders looks real sleek. Like Swedish Ikea design, they have lots of large binders but need something even larger, can anyone help ???