Easter Download

March 24, 2008

I realize I’m not the only one Easter snuck up on this year, but forshizzle, I almost missed it. I started the month with big plans — hopeful thoughts of getting wheat grass planted in plenty of time. But it didn’t happen. Here’s how it went down at our house:

Easter clothes were purchased on Saturday.

Easter decor went up Saturday evening.

Easter eggs were dyed (rubberbands make the streaks) on Sunday afternoon.

And our pathetic Easter dinner (taco salad was on the menu, because I’m seriously not kidding about Easter sneaking up on me) was saved by an invitation to a real-Easter-dinner-plus-egg-hunt Sunday evening. Where the food was so yummy and the company so delightful that this Easter-that-almost-wasn’t was possibly our favorite Easter yet.

One last highlight: an unexpected Easter package from Lindsey — full of an assortment my very favorites — pear Jelly Belly’s, sour candies and caramels. It was a generous package, but she picked my favorites so precisely that it lasted about 5 minutes in my able hands.

{ 2 trackbacks }

Social Media Propaganda | Presstitution™
March 28, 2012 at 8:26 am
Get Crafty / Easter Eggs - Between the Neon and the Sea
March 26, 2013 at 5:47 am

1 Rachel H March 24, 2008 at 2:06 pm

It makes me feel better to know others felt like Easter was sneaky this year! We too barely got easter clothes put together in time….and with it actaully being cold enough to snow on Saturday- well, let’s just say I was doing a lot of positive mental thoughts to put me in the mood for Easter celebrations on Sunday!!

2 Hannah March 24, 2008 at 2:12 pm

It totally snuck up on me too! It was way too early this year.

3 Heather March 24, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Haha – it snuck up on me too. And I love this blog even MORE now that you’ve used the word forshizzle in it. :)

4 Marlo March 24, 2008 at 2:57 pm

I love that yellow Easter dress!!! My daughter had the same one and I am now coveting one in my own size. Your Easter looks like it turned out great! Next year on that wheat grass.

5 Lylah March 24, 2008 at 2:58 pm

talk about sneaking up . . . not only did it happen faster than i thought, but, we’ve been in the midst of creating a garden and then on Friday – darling hubs decided (i AM thankful) to lay the sod for our easter brunch serving 24 – outside…

today’s a down day for me.

6 Rachel March 24, 2008 at 4:04 pm

My daughter has the same yellow dress too. lol. Easter definitely snuck up on me this year, but it wasn’t such a big deal because we don’t actually celebrate.

7 Dana March 24, 2008 at 4:11 pm

We seriously DID have taco salad for Easter dinner – sad I know.

We must have more in common than at first blush! I also was craving pear Jelly Bellies – wasn’t quite so lucky to receive them though.

Your Easter was very pretty despite it’s quick arrival!

8 love.boxes March 24, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Lindsey is so nice! Sounds like a great day.. even if it snuck up on you! :)

9 amy korngiebel March 24, 2008 at 4:38 pm

the top photo perfectly captures the mood. it was hard to keep my nieces and nephews from peeking out the window as we hid the eggs in the yard.

love the rubber bands for dying the eggs!

10 Kate March 24, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Loved the plastic eggs in the vases. Though it reminds me that I need some bookcases!

11 The Downtown Boutique March 24, 2008 at 5:09 pm

Yep, it happened to me as well. It was a good Easter, but it seemed to come just too soon.

I love your blog by the way! You have some very creative and wonderful features and posts! I would love to add it to my blogroll.

Angie

12 Anonymous March 24, 2008 at 5:57 pm

It is no wonder it snuck up on all of you…It is merely a fun day not a day to worship….this is to all you so called Christians

13 Sarah March 24, 2008 at 6:44 pm

Hahaha…well, we went travelling, so we didn’t have to do much planning, thank the Lord. I’m so happy you had such a great time!

14 PLO March 24, 2008 at 10:09 pm

What is the deal with that sneaky Easter? I never adorned my home with an egg, nor grass seeds grown in an antique cheese box…WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH ME?

15 Anonymous March 24, 2008 at 11:22 pm

Pear Jelly Bellies–love ‘em. So glad it was a happy day for you and yours.

16 Mom in Mendon March 24, 2008 at 11:32 pm

I managed to get a pot of cute miniature dutch iris for Easter Sunday, and lavender crocus showed up by the front porch–just in time! Happy spring and love to all.

17 Scott and Abby March 25, 2008 at 12:41 am

Just wanted to let you know that I used your wheat grass idea and it worked wonderfully! Thanks for the great tip! Here is a link to the post I made.

18 Kathy in WA March 25, 2008 at 1:14 am

Gotta watch those holidays – always sneaking up on you. :) Glad you were able to celebrate in style despite the sneaky nature of the occasion. Great pictures.

We’re talking about parenting over at our site. Stop by and say hello. As a fellow mother of five, I know you’re deep in the trenches of parenting.

Duckabush Blog

19 pve design March 25, 2008 at 6:07 am

Why it is still March! I think Easter should be in April right!
Too early, still cold, not a flower here.

20 orange you lucky! March 25, 2008 at 9:15 am

It was even harder to digest the fact that easter is here when there’s all this snow on the ground.
Sounds like you had a fun easter after all.
p.s: pear jelly bellies are my favorite as well!

21 Smiling Mama March 25, 2008 at 9:34 am

Love those Easter decorations! So simple but so adorable!

22 The Mom of 'em March 25, 2008 at 9:55 am

I REALLY love the easter decorations!!! I hope I can remember that for next year.

23 lainakay March 25, 2008 at 10:22 am

Sounds almost like my Easter! Though you got pictures AND dyed eggs! I just finished complaining about my crazy holiday on my blog.

Love your color blocked Easter egg display! I’ve been trying to come up with something different for the matnel. Next year when I’m more on the ball I’ll have to try that.

Haven’t had a chance yet to dig through the Jelly Belly’s for the pear ones! I think I’ll add that to my list of things to do today! : )

24 lainakay March 25, 2008 at 10:25 am

That would be mantel, not matnel!

25 Cafe Johnsonia March 25, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I’m so glad you liked them, Gabby.

Your kids looked adorable–like you’d been planning for weeks.

26 Anonymous March 25, 2008 at 8:23 pm

where did the sweet liitle yellow dress come from?

Jenna