Friday Letter to cjane — by Guest Mom Nie Nie

April 6, 2007

Hello Sister Love,

It sounds like you are feeling better! I am so glad it is Friday as well. Weekend plans are going to be busy as I am preparing for Easter. Our Saturday morning Easter egg hunt with the godparents is going to be so enjoyable. We plan on dying our eggs this year using only natural dyes. It should be fun for us all.

I am grateful for this recycling idea I found. It looks nice, clean and fun to manage.

I am also grateful for this delilghtful little button clock idea. I have thousands of spare buttons around and this seems like a lovely little way to get them used. What a fun wedding gift for some newly wed lady in a new kitchen

Did I tell you about my new chandelier that I bought for my kitchen? It is brilliant! It adds such a lovely glow. Jane and I had fun adding the crystals this morning to make it shimmer.

I went shopping and found a lovely Easter skirt. What fun! Underneath the skirt, are green ruffles. Even though no one sees it, It just makes me feel beautiful. I think every woman needs a good skirt to put on and feel transformed.

I love you my dear sister. Thank you for being such a wonderful woman. You are terribly inspired by all that is beautiful and good.

Loves,

Sister Nie.

PS — here is a picture Claire drew for you. . . you are whispering “I love you” to each other.

1 Design Mom April 6, 2007 at 8:53 am

Nie, that chandelier is so amazing. I hope you’ll share a photo tour of your house with DM Readers when it’s done.

And that drawing is too precious.

2 Emily April 6, 2007 at 10:36 am

Your skirt in fantastic!

3 compulsive writer April 6, 2007 at 12:18 pm

I do love your chanelier, too. Now i’m made at myself for throwing away all the crystals on mine. I just should’ve cleaned them. Although it does look cool naked, too.

I wanted to tell you–I went to Target this week to add some grapefruit method to my madness. It was sold out. I think all of Utah County must read your guest posts on Design Mom.

Seriously!

4 pflower10 April 6, 2007 at 1:27 pm

Where do you find Natural Dye’s?????

I love those colors!

chand…beautiful

organization……exquisite

you…….perfect!

peef

5 H April 6, 2007 at 6:37 pm

I like organizing, chandeliers and skirts but I LOVE Claire’s drawing!

While doing the ol’ Indian rope burn on my brain with constant noise and screeching I realize that children are wonderful and so full of love. (Of course, I’m only talking about my own screeching children…I’m sure yours are operatic divas.) :)

Thanks for sharing her drawing with us!

6 Design Mom April 7, 2007 at 2:06 pm

Nie Nie, do you remember where you saw the recycling center? Is there a link somewhere for directions? I really like and am craving some more details. . .