Ask Design Mom: Cupcake Liners

September 26, 2006

DM reader Tania asked me where to find good-looking cupcake liners. And as usual the internet provides.

Confectionary House has some wonderful options at very reasonable prices (search “cupcake cups” on their site). They have great choices in solid, bright colors — much more opaque then the grocery store variety. They have foil in gold, silver, red and green. They also have a few interesting prints and lots of cheesy prints. I especially like their stripes and fall leaves. This is also a good source for an amazing variety of sprinkles.

I really want some of their brown cupcake liners. So sophisticated with pale pink or blue frosting.

Reynolds (as in aluminum foil) has a few good choices and you can probably find them at your local grocery store. I’ve used their floral print before and think it’s way cute. Laura showed me their mini, green, “designer” liners and they’re also darling. See the Reynolds line here.

Cake&Candy; offers these cute nutcups that Tania said she’s seen used successfully as cupcake liners. Nice alternative.

Don’t have time to order online? Luckily, silver foil liners are widely available at most grocery stores and look pretty darn fabulous.

1 Erin September 26, 2006 at 11:17 am

good info. i’m always frustrated that i can’t find better choices than the light pink and blue offered at my grocery store. thanks!

2 Lindsey September 26, 2006 at 12:08 pm

I especially love the colored ones.

3 Jenni September 26, 2006 at 1:13 pm

I love cupcakes in a nutcup. I also love the unbleached papers made by If You Care products, you can get them at Food Emporium or ifyoucare.com might lead you to them. One online supplier that I love is beryls.safeshopper.com , they have lots of pretty glassine liners. Can’t say enough about cupcakes.

4 liz s September 26, 2006 at 3:56 pm

those white ones look like sacrament cups

5 Tania September 26, 2006 at 10:16 pm

OOOH, Thank-you Gabby! I think I’ll order in a variety to have on hand. Any day is a good day for a cup-cake, AND 3/4 of my kids have their birthday in the next few months!

I looked for the kind Laura bought at Stop-n-Shop, but couldn’t find them …. I’ll keep looking.

Thanks again – great work.

6 Sweet Cuppin Cakes Bakery October 7, 2008 at 7:01 pm

Hi there! I have brown cupcake liners in my webstore as well as pink and several other colours. The pink cupcake liners and the brown cupcake liners look fabulous together. You gave me a wonderful idea! I have pink and brown pedestals and I am going to use the pink and brown frostings alternately with the liners and the pedstals. You are right what a fantastic colour combo. Visit me at http://www.acupcakery.com

7 Anonymous August 18, 2009 at 3:53 pm

I found these online as well and they are much less expensive than other sites i found!

8 Paul Lando March 23, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I’m looking to buy your large baking cups. { 60 2 1/2 in. } ( 6.35 ). Just wondering if you can help. Thanks Paul